We have received disturbing reports that Tory activists have been saying on the doorstep that Labour have been supporting the current plans to redevelop the Walnuts and build 10/20 storey tower blocks in our Town Centre.
This is a blatant untruth!
Orpington Labour Party has been at the forefront of campaigning against these horrific plans that will blight our town:
- We put out the first information leaflets informing residents about this project.
- It was Orpington Labour on the front page of the News Shopper opposing the plans.
- We have been staffing street stalls and worked with other local campaigners to produce a petition signed by hundreds of local residents.
- It was an Orpington Labour member who presented this petition to Bromley Council in the chamber.
- We have been creating and sharing social media posts opposing this project including this video available via Facebook outlining our objections
- Calling for residents to object to the plans via the Bromley Planning Website
It was the local Conservative Councillors who went on record in the Oprington 1st Magazine and Newsletter praising the plans.
So just to remind residents –
ORPINGTON LABOUR STILL SAYS “NO” TO THE WALNUTS DEVELOPMENT.