So, as the year 2021 comes to a close, it seems only fitting to review the work of our Conservative Member of Parliament, Gareth Bacon, and ask: “What has Gareth Bacon done for us?”
So far his voting record includes:
- Raising taxes on working people in Orpington
- Voted for the cut to Universal Credit
- Voted against helping refugee children
- Voted to trade with countries committing genocide
- Refused to vote for fire safe cladding on buildings
- Voted for petty vandalism to have the same sentence as sexual assault
- Voted to continue dumping raw sewage into our rivers
- Voted against punishing corruption in our political system
- Voted against inappropriate 2nd jobs for MPs
- Voted against protecting local social care services
- Voted to restrict citizens from protesting against Government policies.
It is fair to say that this is not a good record.
The people of Orpington deserve better than this!
There is an alternative…